Thank you for your interest in my programming and system skills. You can download the most current copy of my resume here.
To employ my programming and network skills gained from over 25 years’ experience in diverse applications development, technical support, and network environments.
Summary Of Professional Experience
- Developed applications as an employee, consultant, or under my own company name since 1980
- Responsible for software design development, testing, implementation, and modification
- Progress Senior DBA
- Supervised integration of hardware and software with changing technologies
- Handled over 350 software installations nationally and 15 internationally
- Responsible for the training and supervision of progress programmers from novice through Progress Masters.
- Provided telephone technical support and on-site individual and group training
- Other experience includes marketing, and sales, staff supervision, vendor negotiation, follow-up, and trade-show participation
Franklin Templeton Investments Senior DBA - Senior Application Developer (9/2000 – 2/2009)
- Responsible for design, coding and support of custom trading application.
- Web based Application design for research (Subject Mater Expert).
- Administrator for MicroStrategy reporting environment.
- Created multiple interfaces with differing applications.
- Wall Street Office, interface design (Subject Mater Expert).
- Assumed responsabilities as Senior DBA.
- Identified and fixed multiple system issues establishing system stability
- Improved AI process to Disaster Recovery system
- Lead DBA DR activities
- Identified legacy DBA scripts to update and add to source control
- Designed Schema review board charter and schema change process.
- Chaired Schema Review committee
- Trained / Mentored offshore staff to support multiple applications and areas.
Strategic Information Group MFG/Pro 8.5e – 9.0 Senior Technical Consultant (10/97 – 8/2000)
- Provide installation and support of networks for numerous MFG/PRO clients and for SIG’s offices.
- Provided project management for system migration.
- Wrote multiple custom report programs.
- Created multiple interfaces with differing applications.
- Setup NT40 network environments for clients.
- Handled remote administration (NT and Applications) for multiple clients.
- Traveled extensively in support of clients.
Physio-Control Progress contractor MFG/Pro 8.5e ( 6/96 to 10/97 )
- Contractor for their MFG/PRO V8.5E implementation. The implementation project was a QAD Beta partner.
- Responsible for all database administration functions, performance monitoring and tuning.
- Enhanced MFG/PRO V8.5E pricing routines reducing response time from 20 seconds to less than 2 seconds.
- Rewrote MFG/PRO’s customer, inventory, sales order and vendor browses substantially reducing response time.
- Created tools to monitor Progress database record locking.
- Enhanced MFG/PRO’s batch processor and created a multiple queued CIM processor.
Digital Systems Inc. Progress contractor MFG/Pro 7 ( 9/95 to 3/96 ) (10/94 to 3/95) (4/94)
- Handled custom programming requests.
Edmark Corporation Progress contractor WDS II (3/95 to 9/95)
Progressive Computer Systems Progress contractor (3/95 to 9/95)
- System debugging and customizations for Tire Manufacturing software.
Asymetrix Progress contractor MFG/Pro 6 (4/94 to 10/94)
- Upgraded MFG/PRO V6 on Novell to MFG/PRO V7 and Progress V7 Dataserver for Oracle on UNIX.
Benchmark Computer Systems - Merged with and managed their medical support team (5/93 to 3/94).
- Provided the in-house support and programming for the medical customer support staff;
Keith Thompson Systems, Owner (12/87 to 4/93).
- Developed, marketed and supported MED-PAK Ver 5.0 in PROGRESS Ver 4 & 5
Medical Computers International, VP/Chief Development Officer (2/81 to 12/87)
- Supervised 15 employees
- Built the company around MED-PAK Versions 1.0 to 4.0 converted to PROGRESS Ver 3 in 1985;
Ro-lar Electronics, VP/Chief Development Officer (2/80 to 2/81).
- Supervised 5 employees. Wrote a full interactive accounting system.
- Progress version 9 & 10 Character and GUI design, development, testing and production support of proprietary trading system. Supporting existing programs as well developing new solutions as needs in the market changed.
- Web Speed development working with investment research users to develop and deliver a web based transaction solution handling analyst recommendations, interface to document repository and existing DB for security information. Leveraged application to expand use to 2 other departments. Created company wide Web Speed interface to allow easy GUI interface to add securities replacing need for email requests.
- QAD MFG/PRO version 8.5e – 9.0 working in PROGRESS Version 8. Created bolt-on modules and modifying existing code to improve system performance. Tasks included design and implementation of new customer, inventory, vendor and sales-order browses. Also fixed the GUI pricing module to price in less than 1 second down from 15-20 seconds. Created tools to monitor record locks in the system. This was a new installation and required many modifications to meet the need of the current workflow. Other projects included an enhanced batch processor, a multiple queued CIM processor and a sales/use tax upload system.
- QAD MFG/PRO versions 6 and 7 written in PROGRESS Version 6. Working with Digital Systems Inc. modifying and creating new applications for tracking and reporting needs. Tasks included design and implementation of customer hierarchy, expanded GL code tracking and event driven invoicing with contract billing.
- While with ASYMETRIX Corp. I was developing and writing the migration programs to convert from QAD MFG/PRO Version 6 in the Novel / Windows environment via the PROGRESS / Oracle gateway into ALCIE IV in the UNIX environment.
- MED-PAK Version 1.0 through 5.0 - medical office management system incorporating: front desk, patient insurance billing and accounts receivable tracking. MED-PAK was marketed nationwide and in Canada. MED-PAK 5.0 was redesigned and coded in PROGRESS Ver 3 and later upgraded into PROGRESS Ver 4 & 5.
- Co-authored R.I.S.K. (health risk evaluation program) marketed internationally to Brazil, Australia, Spain, and locally to US and Canada. Coded in Microsoft BASIC in CPM and MS-DOS.
- Developed AMPAK for American Pacific Hospital Suppliers. Wrote software to handle bidding/equipment purchasing for hospital development (freight coding, purchase orders, bid sheets, inventory control, multi-level pricing structures). First version of software coded in APPGEN, later re coded in PROGRESS.
- Wrote F.A.S.T. Track - a Fleet Analysis Safety Training Program providing evaluation of driving skills for preventative maintenance and cost analysis for the trucking industry. Also presented F.A.S.T. to the US Army in order to certify military drivers to civilian standards. Total design and coding done in PROGRESS Ver 5.
- Wrote a Fleet Tracking Program for Burlington Northern Railroad (mileage reporting, vehicle locations, driver registration, etc.). Total design and coding done in PROGRESS Ver 5.
- On going work with Progressive Computers Systems in the maintenance and customizing of their TIREPRO software product written in PROGRESS Ver 6.
- American River College, Civil Engineering
- Modular Training: APPGEN Training; Novel Certified Installer; Peach Tree Trained Sales Representative; C Programming; UNIX Training, Professional Progress by Dan Foreman
- PROGRESS Ver 3 - 10 over 20 years experience... Java Script... HTML/DHTML... CSS... Microsoft BASIC...Quick BASIC 4.0... ASSEMBLER (8080, Z80, 286)... C.... Business BASIC... C BASIC... INFORMX... CB80... APPGEN... PARADOX.
- Microsoft (NT / Win9X), NOVEL, INVISIBLE Software, DNA
- Microsoft Windows 3.11 through 2003 Server, Citrix Metaframe, UNIX(HP, Sun, Dec), OS/2 2.1, MS-DOS, CPM, MPM, INSTAR, XENIX.
- Excellent at public speaking, spontaneous, able to interact with different personalities and adjust my level of training to meet the overall audience needs.
- Confident in my abilities to listen, fine tune problems, and translate them into meaningful and workable solutions.
- Multi-task and bidirectional skills together with a highly technical background enable me to scan the surface to assess information quickly and accurately.
- Dedicated employee, learn exceptionally fast, consistently produce incomes above earnings.
- Over 15 years experience as a PROGRESS database programmer working from Ver 3 through Ver 8.3c GUI.
For more information on my services and availability, please contact me.